Saturday 22 March 2008

What's wrong with hair? Or feathers?

All prepared for the first practice run today. Well, Sparky tried. The wind today has been horrendous! Poor Sparky, all over the place! Started off well. Picked up a fair bit of speed but as he left the chute, the wind caught him! Sent him cloaca over apex for about 30 metres! It's just as well we have this big layer of fat. Could have been serious bone damage!

So, we just watched the Brits eating their eggs, It wasn't too difficult to work out what they were thinking, I've seen what's on their computers. They bit the top off then scooped out the filling.....with their tongue! The look on their faces!

After about ten minutes, Frau Doktorin Gerhardt picked one up and, well she taught those Brits a thing or two! I should point out that I've changed her name to the correct one. I thought you lot might not understand 'Doktorin' the first time around (it's the feminine of Doktor) but now you know who/what I'm talking about............

Anyways looking at her wrapping her tongue around the egg's creamy filling, her little moustache bobbing up and down, got me thinking. In a lot places around the world women shave. Now I don't mean beards here. But they seem to remove hair from their armpits, their legs, their top lip and sometimes even from those sensitive little places. (Blokes too, judging by what I've seen on those computers in there!)

But you seldom see a woman with shaved arms! Now I wonder why that is? What is acceptable about forearm hair that isn't when it comes to armpit or leg hair?

Now if it was just shaving, maybe, I'd not worry overmuch but from what I can gather it involves wax, sugar water, machines that pluck the hairs out, ie PAIN! Why on earth would you do that? And having done it, why not go the whole nine yards and do your forearms? Weird, huh?

Hopefully the wind will die down a bit today and the gang can get some practice in. Just need to remember to steal some of the good Frau Doktorin's 'lube' before I leave. Don't ask! All will become clear in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment